Experienced Attorneys Who Will Fight For You
Location : Henderson, NV
John Thomson has 27 years of experience in the legal arena. John provides personal, detailed attention to every case, and is committed to helping his clients get the best possible outcome. His practice areas focus on commercial, business and real estate litigation and transactions in Southern Nevada. He is licensed in the State of Nevada, all State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts, at both District and Appellate levels.
Mr. Thomson can assist with corporate advice, strategy, planning and litigation for firms and individuals, both domestic and international, including negotiating and drafting agreements and forming documents, entity formation, compliant marketing concepts and strategies, and government, NGO, and SRO administrative navigation and procedure. He offers representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial matters, administrative proceedings, mediations, arbitrations, appeals, real estate, contract and business disputes. He has extensive experience in litigation in business and corporate law, real estate, intellectual property, creditor claims, administrative law, employment law, personal injury, insurance law, construction law, and probate and trust administration and litigation.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1995
- Honors: Received Dean’s List Honors, Third Year. Course emphasis on International Law, Business Transactions, Contract law and Commercial Agreements, both Domestic and International, and Trial advocacy.
- Honors: Top Oral Advocate Finalist International Moot Court Team, Second Year.
- Honors: Member, International Moot Court Appellate Advocacy Competition Team.
- Honors: Scholarship Position as McGeorge International Appellate Oral Advocacy Board Member and Trainer, Third Year.
- Honors: Selected for Panel of Judges, McGeorge International Moot Court Competition.
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: International Relations / Italian
- Utah Valley University, Orem, Utah
- Honors: Top in Utah D.E.C.A. competition and top ten finalist National D.E.C.A. competition, General Marketing Division.
- THOMSON LAW PC, Henderson, Nevada, Senior and Managing Partner-Owner in Litigation, Transactional and Planning Firm, 1998-Present
- Corporate Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer MIS, 2012-Present
- Kerr and Associates, Las Vegas, NV, Associate Attorney, 1995-1998
- Freidberg Law Corporation, Sacramento, CA, law clerk for nationally renowned litigator, 1992-1995
- Nevada State Bar Association, Member, 1995 to Present
- Clark County Bar Association, Member, 1995 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Real Estate Law
- Business Litigation
- Transactional / Business Law
- Probate Administration and Litigation
- Asset Protection Planning / Trusts
- Business Organizations
- Business & Commercial Advice and Planning
- Litigation & Appeals
- Nevada, 1995